A fully funded TEFL internship
Spend 5 weeks as an intern teaching English to kids at summer camps in Beijing. Not only will you gain valuable work experience, you’ll also earn a 120 hour TEFL certificate – which you can use to apply for full time English teaching positions in the future!
Unlike other TEFL internships, Camp China is fully funded (including flight reimbursement). Please note, this camp is run directly by Camford Royal School – Travel Boost is simply assisting with marketing, recruitment and training. During your internship, in-country support will be provided directly by a bilingual manager at the school.
- You’ll work on three 10 day camps at Camford Royal School, Beijing
- Spend around 5 hours a day teaching English classes to students aged 6 – 16.
- Join in or run afternoon activity sessions – we’ve had everything from football and tug-of-war to quidditch and water fights!
- Participate in evening events such as singing, dancing or drama competitions, film nights and parties.
- Pre-departure online TEFL training and online lesson plan resources to support you during your internship.
- Cultural activities: experience traditional Chinese painting, a tea ceremony, calligraphy or KTV (karaoke) – usually one activity per 10 day camp (see examples below).
- Chinese language practice: you’ll have plenty of opportunities to pick up and practice some Mandarin – from ordering food in the canteen to exploring local markets.
- TEFL training: online pre-departure 70 hours TEFL course combined with your 50 hours teaching internship to give a 120 hours TEFL certificate.
- Free trips to local sights: visit the Great Wall, a local temple or the Forbidden City – usually one mini trip per 10 day camp (see examples below).
- Up to one month remaining on your visa to travel around China afterwards.
- Large group of interns from all over the world, the perfect opportunity to meet new travel buddies!
Camford Royal School
A specialist foreign language school for mainland Chinese citizens, Camford Royal School aims to combine international teaching methods with the Chinese national curriculum.
The summer camps aim to develop students’ spoken English abilities, improve their confidence, expand their international horizons, and inspire them to enjoy learning English.
- 8000 RMB (approx. £800-900) provided by the school for your flight, visa and living costs
- Free accommodation and three meals a day during the camps
- Free cultural activities and trips to local sights during the camp
- Free airport pick-up and transfer between campuses
- Native English speaker from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia or South African, or non-native with high IELTS/ TOEFL score, experience in one of the English speaking countries above, and neutral accent
- Current university student or recent graduate (last two years)
- Minimum age 18
- Enthusiastic, fun personality with lots of activity ideas
- Willing to get fully involved with residential camp life (including living in very basic shared student dorm accommodation)
- Experience working with kids or tutoring preferred
- Available 12th July – 14th August 2018
To apply, complete the online application form.